Following the announcement from South Gloucestershire Council regarding the casual vacancies due to resignations, we currently have two vacancies for Town Councillors on the Coniston Ward of Patchway Town Council.
If you are interested in serving as a Town Councillor, please submit your completed Co-option and Eligibility Application Form (available from the website or the Town Council Office) to the Town Clerk with confirmation that you consent for your application form be passed to the Members of Patchway Town Council.
To be able to stand as a Town Councillor, an applicant must:
1. Be at least 18 years old on the day of application.
2. Be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member state of the European Union.
Meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
1. They are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the town from the day of their application onwards.
2. They have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish during the whole of the 12 months before the day of their application.
3. Their main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of their application has been in the parish.
4. They have lived in the parish or within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of their application.
You must not be disqualified from standing as a Councillor.
Please submit your Co-option and Eligibility Application Form to the Clerk by 12pm on Wednesday 12th January 2024.Candidates for co-option will be invited to attend a full council meeting on Tuesday 16th January 2024 at 7pm to make a short, maximum 5 minutes address to the Town Council giving your reasons for wishing to be considered as a Town Councillor.
Please submit all applications to the following locations:
· Via email to email@example.com
· Via physical copy to Callicroft House, Rodway Road, BS34 5DQ.
If you would like further information, please contact the Town Clerk by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone call to 07903 628422 or by visiting Callicroft House on Rodway Road.